|What is the difference between a teaching hospital and a DGH?
- Possibly more scope for research in a teaching hospital
- Possibly more teaching opprotunities (for eample more medical students) in a teaching hospital
- NB This may change with the advent of teaching academies
- More specialities within a teaching hospital-however, as a result of this referrals may be more challenging
- In a large teacing hospital you may not be required to take on a management role, however in a DGH you maybe expected to take part in the day-to-day running of the firm